Smart City & Smart Region
Preparing for Rebuilding Ukraine
— About Event
The war in Ukraine has drastically changed the landscape of the worldwide political arena. But it also starts to make an impact on many technological and R&I fields.
Firstly, it has the huge impact on the MilTech sector. But it will also have an impact on other sectors. Imagine that Ukrainian metallurgy lost 50% of their assets. It will be rebuilt, and the question is under what concepts and technologies. Will it be something old-style or even imported from somewhere used equipment and technologies, or will it be quite a new generation of technologies? Think about the energy sector or infrastructure which were affected.
We can say the same about hundreds of towns and cities in the East and South of Ukraine which are destroyed. But the topics can be considered still on a larger scale, as every town in Ukraine needs its own smart development strategy.
So, what are approaches and strategies for Smart rebuilding, how are the main actors prepared for new challenges which are enormous?
The Ukrainian Cluster Alliance together with several Czech clusters created a working group which started to consider those questions. We had several meetings and exchanges offline and online in 2022. In 2023 the big conference is planned in Czech Republic on April 2023. As a preparatory stage a online matchmaking event is planned on 3d of February.
Greeting words (Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine)
Panel 1: Vision of the future architecture. Approach to reconstruction. The role of technologies.
- Michal POSTRANETSKY (architect, Czech Republic)
- Ivan PEREGINETS (the director of R&D center under Academy of construction of Ukraine)
- Technology framework: cyber-security (comments from Ludovico Lopez Cade, Spain and Igor Kotsuba, Ukraine)
Panel 2: Building bi-lateral collaboration and roadmap
- Landscape of Czech developers and integrators in Smart City (Martin BABUSHKA, Smart City cluster)
- Landscape of Ukrainian developers and integrators in Smart City (Alexander YURCHAK, CEO of APPAU)
- Touch points. Projects proposals for 2023 (Anatoliy DOLYNNYY, Kyiv hi-tech cluster)
Pitching of products and solutions:
- 5 companies from Czech Republic
- 5 companies from Ukraine
Meeting conclusions, next steps