11 January 2023, 8:30 – 9:30 CET
SMEs have been particularly affected by the crisis, especially by rising energy prices and supply chain bottlenecks. Therefore, Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has offered SMEs a new chance by announcing an SME “Help Package” in her State of the European Union 2022 speech.
The panelists will talk about ways to make it easier to do business in Europe, access finance and upskill the workforce.
Commissioner Thierry Breton puts forward three key areas of this “Help Package”:
- Tackling late payments to ensure cash flow
- Facilitating business in the single market
- Facilitating access to finance and skills
Speakers at this EU Clusters Talks will include
- Bonifacio García Porras, Head of Unit SMEs, DG GROW, European Commission
- Véronique Willems, Secretary General, SMEunited
- Montse Daban, Director of Science Policy and Internationalization, Biocat
- Ola Svedin, President, Clusters of Sweden
- Jorge Guillén, Export Manager, Agroveco Group
EU Clusters Talks is a space to share knowledge and discuss topics relevant to clusters, which will change every two weeks, with each meeting.