19 April 2023, 09:30 AM in Kyiv, Virtual event
Europe’s world-class research often struggles to make the transition to commercialisation, leaving start-ups and companies stuck in the metaphorical “Valley of Death.” This gap is caused by a lack of early-stage funding that inhibits the translation of European knowledge into marketable goods and services. The Valley of Death occurs after initial funding ends but before institutional investors are ready to support the market expansion of proven and market-ready products. While the problem still exists, investors and policymakers have started to take notice, and new funding sources such as venture capital, corporate venture capital, business angels, banks, and impact investors are emerging to bridge the gap.
To raise awareness about private funding options for clusters, SMEs, and projects, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform, on behalf of the European Commission, is organizing the EU Clusters Talk “Private financing for clusters and projects: Options to access new funding sources” on April 19th, 2023, from 8:30-9:45 CET. The talk will discuss how to search for new funding sources and access private financing for clusters and projects beyond public funding programs.
Speakers will include:
- Bianca Dragomir, Director, AVAESEN;
- Gisela Sanchez, European Project Manager, Finance Innovation;
- Catriona Murphy, Cluster Manager, Ireland South East Financial Services Cluster;
- Kai Dombrowski, Senior Expert, Climate&Company.
This event is part of bi-weekly online meetings brought to the cluster community by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform. They offer up-to-date insights into the latest industrial policies and clusters’ involvement, projects, and best practices, the latest ECCP news, and funding opportunities.
Announcement of the webinar in Ukrainian.
- RESIST FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES & MATCHMAKING EVENT for SMEs in the Mobility, Transport and Automotive ecosystem
- EU LIFE Info Days 2023 – EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action
- Innovate Ukraine Energy Partnership – Competition Information and Virtual Brokerage
- CEE Expo & B2B Forum: For Sustainable and Smart Urban Development
- Manufacturing industry goes digital: Hack4reSTART Bucharest | Romania