05 April 2023, Virtual event
The concept of Circular Economy has become increasingly important for EU industrial development, as natural resources are essential for most industrial value chains. To enhance resource efficiency, it is crucial to close the loop in the different stages of industrial value chains. This focus on circular industrial economy is particularly crucial for regions that are rich in raw materials. The process of reusing resources should begin in the early stages of the production value chain. The circular industrial economy not only promotes environmental issues but also creates emerging business opportunities for the specialized industrial service sector. The tools for developing industrial circular economy solutions include industrial modernization, digitalization, and Industry 4.0.
To learn about the new Critical Raw Materials Act, responsible extraction and valorization of materials, and existing circular approaches and good practices, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform, on behalf of the European Commission, is organizing the EU Clusters Talk “On the way to sustainability: Raw Materials & Circular Economy” on 5 April 2023, from 8:30 to 9:45 CET.
Moreover, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform, in collaboration with East & North Finland and MINE.THE.GAP, is inviting everyone to attend a Clusters meet Regions workshop and matchmaking on this topic, which will take place on 25-27 April 2023 in Kittilä, Lapland, Finland. The EU Clusters Talk is a great opportunity to initiate discussions that will be continued in Finland.
Speakers of the event:
- David Fitzsimons, Director, Remanufacture Council;
- Emmanuel Katrakis, Secretary General, European Recycling Industries’ Confederation (EuRIC);
- Sari Tasa, Senior Specialist, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment (Finland);
- Wolfgang Reimer, Managing Director, Geo Competence Centre Freiberg;
- George Mörsdorf, Policy Officer – Energy Intensive Industries and Raw Materials, DG GROW, European Commission.
This event is part of bi-weekly online meetings brought to the cluster community by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform. They offer up-to-date insights into the latest industrial policies and clusters’ involvement, projects, and best practices, the latest ECCP news, and funding opportunities. The EU Clusters Talks are a space to exchange knowledge and to discuss cluster-relevant topics, which will change with every meeting.
- RESIST FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES & MATCHMAKING EVENT for SMEs in the Mobility, Transport and Automotive ecosystem
- EU LIFE Info Days 2023 – EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action
- Innovate Ukraine Energy Partnership – Competition Information and Virtual Brokerage
- CEE Expo & B2B Forum: For Sustainable and Smart Urban Development
- Manufacturing industry goes digital: Hack4reSTART Bucharest | Romania